Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Things I want to say to my parents and brother, Part One

I'm sure that there will be many more parts to this.

*******

TO MY FATHER:
What a twist you have put on Thanksgiving. Do you forget that you and S make a huge stink about how "we ate what we were given and that was that"? You even banged your fist on the table! Suddenly, I'm the domineering mother because I was trying to get C to eat 3 bites of potato??? And incidentally, I was ONLY pushing the issue because I didn't want to hear your shit and catch your attitude about giving him just a corn muffin for dinner. I can't win when it comes to C's food issues. When I bring him a special meal, I get snide comments and under the breath mutters. When I don't, I get accused of forcing him to eat something that he "clearly had no motivation to do".

TO MY BROTHER:
I NEVER slapped C over trying the potato. In fact, that has NEVER been our MO to get C to try a new food. New food is not disciplined; it is encouraged and cajoled. If anything, you could accuse me (us) of coddling to him. THAT would have, at least, been situational. But, all three of you have obviously sat around and made up stories in your head until it sounds right to you and places every single bit of the blame on me.

Oh, and YOU were under a tremendous amount of stress??? We own a business. We are in a lawsuit. We have an autistic child. Want to compare stress levels??

No comments:

Post a Comment