Sunday, August 5, 2007

My parents are losers

Before you read this, keep in mind that both of my parents have cell phones and my mother has a work phone AND an assistant to take her calls (should she have wanted to call from work within the last 3 weeks.)

Sent this morning at 11:40 am:

Hello,

I'm sorry that it took so long for me to respond to your "vox" email. The past two weeks have been a little different - to say the least.

Long story short.................

We had a pretty severe storm on July 20th and lost our phone, internet and cable. Dad was a little frustrated because he had to leave for Dallas on Monday, for Part II, of the consultation project and a tech wasn't available until Tues. 7/24, at 6:30pm. When the tech finally left, at 9:00pm, I thought everything was fixed - however it wasn't! I was on the phone with a tech from 10:30pm until almost midnight. I wound up frustrated and told him that my husband would contact them when he returned from his business trip. Mind you - Dad wasn't going to return until the evening of 8/3! Needless to say - Dad was able to resolve the problem with Verizon, yesterday, so we are now "connected to the outside world"!

In the meantime - I was scheduled to fly to Dallas to meet Dad for a long weekend - which was last weekend. Last Thursday, mid-morning as I was getting ready to go to the airport, I became very dizzy and felt very off balance. I thought that it was because I really hadn't eaten much the day so I grabbed something to eat, thinking that would help. It didn't. So, I then thought it was my sinuses, so I took a Bendaryl. That didn't touch it either, but I thought it would get better once I relaxed and was on the flight - which it didn't.

I spent the weekend very dizzy, and unsettled, and actually spent a few days laying down hot packing my sinuses and pouring saline solution up my nose - to help eleviate the pressure and pain. All I wanted to do was go home, and go to the Dr.

I flew home Tuesday and had hoped the Dr. would be able to get me in the afternoon, but they were booked, so I was able to get an appt. late Wed. a.m. It appears I have a major sinus and ear infection -which explains the dizzyness and "off balance" feeling. They put me on a pretty strong Zpack and anit-biotic. Interesting - one of the side effects of both - is dizzyness!

I couldn't stay home from work, and I had to pick Dad up at the airport (Tampa) on Friday - so needless to say - the past 10 days have been pretty miserable.

I still feel dizzy and a little unsteady, but it's better than it was and it helps to have Dad back home!

I'm not sure what we are going to be able to do, this week, in regards to C's b'day. I'll definitely make sure that there is a "package" in the mail for him on his birthday, butI'll have to figure out when we can come over to see him. Fortunately, I know that he won't know, or feel, the difference if we aren't there on or around his birthday.

Dad has an all day seminar, at school, on Friday and all teachers have to be back on Monday (8/13). I know that Dad wants me to help him, this week, shop for his "new school clothes" and supplies. We're just waiting until the dizzyness subsides so that I can stand up without having to lean against a doorway or wall!!

Dad & I will try to figure out a way that we will be able to come to see, and spend some time, with C to celebrate his turning 5!!!

Love,
me


No comments:

Post a Comment