Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Adding memories

Started reading the very first post on this blog and remembered how they treated me on the birthdays that I decided not to spend with them. I don't remember which birthday - my 16th, I think - when I decided to spend my birthday at the volleyball marathon. The CHURCH volleyball marathon. And my parents got absolutely pissed off at me that I wanted to do that, instead of spending it with them. And, they froze me out.

And, my 17th birthday (that must be right, because I was involved with S by then and had broken up with J), when I came home after JR had alcohol poisoning: R and I were supposed to be at the school's dance marathon, but of course J's situation blew that out of the water. I came home the next day, and my parents sat in the living room and didn't even acknowledge that I had walked in the house. There was a present and card wrapped up and sitting on the counter for me. It was a camera. I went around the corner and thanked them and my mother said coldly, "Since your friends are so important, we thought it you'd want to take pictures of them."
Always punished for being an individual, instead of catering to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment