Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Clueless or calculating?

How is it even possible that someone that you're not even speaking to can still find ways to hurt you beyond belief?

When I mailed Mother's Day cards from both C and I, I received a "thank you" email, written more to C than me. When I sent off my mother's birthday cards (June 5th) from C and I, I never heard a response back. Undaunted, I planned on sending Father's day cards. As I placed them in the mailbox today and pulled out the mail from yesterday, I received a postcard from Paris with this written on it:

Hi C!!

This is the biggest letter A that I have ever seen! (reference to Eiffel Tower)

When we saw it, we thought of you! I bet you could build this with your Legos!! We miss you and love you bunches and bunches!

Love,

Grandma & Grandpa


And yes, it's authentic. French stamp, french postmark. So, they're too broke to buy a new car or rent one but can go to France. And, they can't travel 2 and 1/2 hours east to see their grandson, but they can travel overseas.

R said that he would send an email and ask if they really wanted me to give the postcard to C that shows that they'll travel to France but not to see him.

I'm utterly speechless and, frankly, brokenhearted. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to keep dealing with these types of things when they are either obviously clueless about how self-centered they are or they purposely throw daggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment