Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Why Do I Let it Bother Me?

Moreover, why am I even stupid enough to expect a different outcome?

I called my mother and told her that I was planning on shopping for Christmas food items tomorrow; did I need to buy chocolate soy milk? (her "breakfast") No, they're not staying overnight on Christmas. In fact, the plan is that they will leave their house by 8:00 am (side note: they always say this and never get on the road until 9:30, so they don't arrive until noon) and will stay until 8:00 pm, C's bedtime. Then, they'll leave. Are they going back home? No, here's the kicker. My mother tells me that they've been trying to plan a getaway and haven't been able to do it, so my father has gotten them a hotel room at Disney and they will be spending two days at Epcot.

Last year, when I suggested getting annual passes so that we could all meet halfway at Disney, they told me that it was too expensive and it is more than halfway for them. Apparently, it isn't too expensive to spend the money for 2 day passes plus two nights in a hotel.

Perhaps this is the only time off they have? Nope. My mother doesn't go back to work until January 3rd. My father is a school teacher and doesn't report back until the 7th.

Did they ask if we wanted to join them for a day at Epcot? No.

They haven't seen their grandchild in almost a year. They bitched about not being able to have one-on-one time with him. So, they decide to spend 8 hours with him on Christmas Day and then go to Epcot.

No comments:

Post a Comment